How to Do a Science Fair Project Display Board
The display board is often the only way to show others what you did.
Just as much care should go into this step as went into how to do a science fair project investigation and experiment steps.
Here are some tips and advice that come directly from the Non Scientific Parent’s Guide Guide to a Science Project available for FREE
Use a 3 fold stand alone display board found at most office supply stores. Try ones with colored backgrounds! Get these ahead of time as during science fair season they can be hard to find. Here is an example of a pretty cool and affordable science fair display board.
The Experiment Title should be placed on the top of the center fold, large lettering 3-4 inches high. Normally it is one color, but depending on the project , two topic related colors sometimes work.
Each teacher has their own requirements but there should be sections on the board for the following:
- You Hypothesis or Purpose should be somewhere toward the top but can be beneath the title or towards the top of left side board. Your title is not your hypothesis. The title tells you the general topic, the hypothesis the specific thing about that topic you investigated.
- Materials and Procedures will read like a recipe card with bullet points and a numbered list. Materials are just the list of all the supplies that were used. When writing Procedures, remember you are telling someone else how to do the project. So you list the step by step sequence you followed. Do not include two steps in one number. More short simple points are easier to read than long involved ones.
- Data and Results are generally displayed by with a graph and/or a chart. A summary paragraph is also generally expected. Photos will be included if you can’t bring the actual finished product to the science fair.
- Conclusion would be a longer paragraph but is not always required. It depends on the type of project and in many cases how old you are.
- If your science fair is a competition, you name will not be displayed. There will be a number. If the science fair is a way for everyone to share their projects for information, fun and a chance to let parents come and see the projects, you will put your name on the display board. Again, the directions will clearly state this.
Now go an download the perfect experiments to so so you can create one of these dynamic display boards.: How to do a science fair project
Read more tips, thoughts, suggestions on the rest of this site
One Day Science Fair Projects
Weekend Science Fair Projects
Middle School Projects
FREE Non-Scientific Parent’s Guide to a Science Project
The Legal Stuff: I am a teacher, and like all teachers, I am always on the lookout for materials to help other parents and teachers make their jobs easier. When I find an online product, that means I am working as a partner with the owner and will receive a commission from any sales that result from clicks on the links of this page.